Merino wool clothing is often thought to be just for base & under layers during the winter months. Top athletes swear by the performance properties of merino wool for all four seasons and activities such as running, cycling, hiking, yoga, cross country skiing and more.
I can't imagine wearing anything BUT merino wool in the summer. I go into panic mode and becoming a miserable, raging lunatic when I am behind on laundry and have only those "so-called" technical tees and tops left to wear. They make me sweat like a beast. Wearing polyester and nylon feels like wearing a plastic garbage bag when you sweat in it. It stinks before you even walk out your door to go for a run, no matter what deodorant/antiperspirant you wear. It is the unbreathable fabric interacting with your body chemistry to create an odor. Chemical treatments need to be applied to those "technical" clothes just to try to prevent that odor issue. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of a great big chemical garbage bag covering the largest organ of my body while my pores are open from perspiring during a workout.
My Top 10 Reasons to Wear Merino Wool Clothing on the Hottest Days of the Year:
10. You won't look or feel like a hot mess (do you really need any other reason beside this??!!)
9. Wicks and absorbs sweat away instantly: synthetics condense sweat against the skin!
8. You won't stink; it's naturally odor resistant
7. Naturally manages your body temperature
6. Dries quickly
5. Built-in UV protection
4. Prevents overheating
3. Stylish and functional from lunch to long workout
AND....THE TOP REASON....
1. It feels NATURAL & not like a SUFFOCATING PLASTIC next to your skin!!
Be pretty, be sexy, be cool...wear more merino wool! Always haute, never hot.